It’s summer time so that means laying by the pool — soaking in the sun, drinking lemonade, and reading a good book. Now we all love mindless romance novels that make us long for our Prince Charming, but this summer take a break from Nicholas Sparks’ new novel and read these books that teach you a thing or two about careers, politics, and being a #girlboss.
1) #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
2) Every Day Is Election Day: A Woman’s Guide To Winning Any Office, From The PTA To The White House by Rebecca Sive
3) Adulting: How To Become A Grown-Up In 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown
5) And The Good News Is…: Lessons And Advice From The Bright Side by Dana Perino
7) Mistakes I Made At Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect On What They Got Out Of Getting It Wrong by Jessica Bacal
8) Making The Case: How To Negotiate Like A Prosecutor In Work And Life by Kimberly Guilfoyle
9) The Girl’s Guide: Getting The Hang Of Your Whole Complicated, Unpredictable, Impossibly Amazing Life by Melissa Kirsch