Everyone has rough days. There are days full of sunshine and happiness. There are days drowned by rain and disappointments. Holly Golightly in Breakfast At Tiffany’s, calls it “the mean reds,” and I have also adopted this phrase.
Anytime I am in a bad mood or having a rough day, I always turn to my mother. She goes on Pinterest and finds me motivational quotes. Now, I will be the first to admit that a simple quote does not turn your day around or make you feel full of life and happiness. As much as I pick on my mother for sending me these “cheesy quotes,” they are actually quite helpful if you allow yourself to absorb them.
When it seems like nothing’s going your way and the day is just difficult, remember these quotes to lift your spirits.
1) “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
2) “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett-Henry
3) “Having a rough day? Place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That’s called a purpose. You’re alive for a reason. Don’t give up.” – Unknown
4) “If you don’t like how the table is set, turn over the table.” – Frank Underwood, House of Cards
5) “A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6) “Don’t let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big.” – Unknown
7) “Alone, by herself she built the kingdom that she wanted.” – R. H. Sin
8) “Rejection doesn’t mean you aren’t good enough; it means the other person failed to notice what you have to offer.” – Unknown