Image Credits: Kendra Clark
As we reflect on 2018, a lot of people are looking at what went wrong, politically, personally, perhaps even environmentally or in the way humans interacted with each other. To be sure, some terrible things happened in 2018 on a global level, in the United States, and perhaps even in your own life. But 2018 cannot be written off entirely, resigned to be known as a year of suck, where nothing good happened,no warmth was to be found, and now we must move on to 2019 and hope it gets better. I hope these eighteen news stories show you that 2018 wasn’t all bad after all.
2) A Dad scheduled six flights over the Christmas holiday so he could be with his daughter working as a flight attendant.
4) When a family returned from fleeing the Camp Fire in California, they discovered their beloved dog, who they thought was lost, waiting for them in the rubble of their home.
5) The World Health Organization certified that Paraguay is Malaria free. Paraguay is the first country to get this declaration since Cuba in the 1970s.
6) A new study found that the rates of female genital mutilation in Africa have dropped 71% in the past twenty years.
8) This 2-year-old learned to shoot baskets one-handed without looking so he could keep watching TV while practicing
9) Following the death of President George HW Bush, his service dog, Sully, has raised awareness for the work of the VetDogs program. Sully will begin serving veterans at Walter Reed Veteran Hospital in 2019.
10)A golden retriever saved his own from a rattlesnake bite and won the Internet’s heart with his swollen face.
11) Meghan Markle and Prince Harry got married and the world was fascinated by the sermon from their minister, Michael Curry, who said “there is power in love.”
12) A couple who met when they were both cancer patients at St. Jude’s got married at the very hospital that saved their lives.