Republican Girl Problems? More like Republican Girl Perks.
1. We have a reason to wear the color red, in every way, shape, and form. Red is a vibrant color that is often associated with passion, one thing us Republicans know a lot about. We’re passionate about our country, our political party, and our beliefs. We’re red, white, and better than you and we wouldn’t have it any other way! Red lipstick? Check. Red nail polish? Check. Squealing when our state turns red on the map? Check. If it’s red we like it, we love it, and we want some more of it! Can Democrats say the same? No way. Blue lipstick? Not happening. I would say that’s a huge #RepublicanGirlPerk.
2. The mascot of our political party is an elephant. The elephant was adopted as the symbol for the Republican Party in the 1870s, and has remained the mascot ever since. We pride ourselves on being the “elephant in the room.” Elephants are extremely intelligent. Having this adorable creature as our mascot also gives us an excuse to buy everything, and I mean literally everything, with an elephant on it.
Hey, we even have the Tusk in the Sun Lilly Pulitzer print that we have made a crucial part of our Republican girl wardrobe. We also have an emoji, which every Republican girl has in her recently used emoji list. You don’t see liberals walking around wearing donkeys, do you? …Just Obama bumper stickers.
3. We have so many successful, intelligent, and classy role models. Stacey Dash, Lauren Conrad, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and Melissa Joan Hart are all young women we know from growing up and watching television in the 1990s and 2000s. They are also REPUBLICANS. Yup, that’s right! There are also women like Dana Loesch, Katie Pavlich, Laura Ingraham, and Michelle Malkin who are all extremely successful conservative journalists/bloggers who aren’t afraid to be a little sassy and outspoken.
We have many intelligent and strong conservative women in public office such as Nikki Haley, Susana Martinez, and Joni Ernst. The decade old assumption that the Republican Party is full of “old, rich, white men” is irrelevant these days. There’s plenty of young women in the Republican Party! I mean, we are the life of the party after all!
4. We’re always “right” whether it be our political affiliation or our stance on an argument. Us Republican women are always up for an intelligent debate, and the left loves to give it to us. We thrive on the backlash from the left. We’re proud of our beliefs, values and principles. We’re not afraid to express our opinions and we’ll even do it with a little sass.
5. We love our country. Election Day is like Christmas morning for a Republican girl. We love sporting the “I Voted” sticker on our outfit all day long and love voting even more. Next to Election Day, the 4th of July is our absolute favorite holiday. Why? Because we love America!
We wear our red, white, and blue proudly in outfits we planned out months ago. You know we wave our American flags. You better bet we get teary-eyed when we hear the National Anthem. All of us are beyond grateful for our men and women in service, both past and present. We don’t just acknowledge Memorial Day and Veterans Day, we celebrate it… and no, not just at the sales rack. While we may not always love our government, we love our country more than anything in the world!
FFL Cabinet Member