If you’re anything like me, you stress over every little thing. Rolling out of bed at 7:30 to go to 8am’s, writing papers, studying for exams, scheduling classes; college is far from easy. And on top of all that, most of us try to maintain jobs, relationships, social lives, and everything in between. They say it gets easier, but sometimes it appears to only be getting harder. It’s during times like this where you may find yourself turning to scripture for comfort. The following six verses are just a few that have helped me cope with all of the different feelings that come along with college life.
1) When you are doubting yourself: 1 Timothy 4:12 “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.”
2) When you are anxious: Psalm 94:19 “When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought me joy.”
3) When you are overwhelmed: Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
4) When you are stressed: Jeremiah 29:11 “”For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.””
5) When you are tired: Matthew 11:28 & 29 “Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
6) When you are lonely or homesick: Deuteronomy 31:8 “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
NOTE: All verses were taken from the New International Version