In honor of today being International Women’s Day, we would like to celebrate and honor some of the most exceptional women in American history. In their own way, each of these women have paved the way for all the empowered women that we see, admire, and aspire to be in life.
We benefit every single day from the tireless efforts of the trailblazers and women who lead; this month is a special time set apart to celebrate them. These women have made a difference and have shaped the world that we live in today.
These quotes will inspire, empower, and lift you up and will be the perfect Instagram caption for International Women’s Day
1) “I had no idea that history was being made. I was just tired of giving up” – Rosa Parks, Civil Rights Leader
2) “A great goal in life is the only fortune worth finding” – Jackie Kennedy, Former First Lady
3) “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens” – Michelle Obama, former First Lady
4) “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants” – Coco Chanel, Fashion Designer
5) “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for” – Oprah Winfrey, Philanthropist, Talk Show Host
6) “The most common way that people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any” – Alice Walker, Novelist, Activist
7) “I have been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I have never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do” – Georgia O’Keeffe, Contemporary Artist
8) “I love to see a young girl get out and grab the world by the lapels. Life is rough and you have to go out and kick butt” – Maya Angelou, Poet and Author
9) “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” – Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady
10) “My favorite position is CEO” – Lauren Conrad, Actress, Author