In today’s world we see too many Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook posts about #RelationshipGoals. Even though our generation ohh’s and ahh’s over celebrities’ love lives on and off the screen, we know that these goals can be unrealistic. While some of these “goals” may seem appealing, here at FFL we notice that some of the best #RelationshipGoals are found in the following conservative power couples. After you read this, we hope you forget about Hollywood and social media standards and embrace these wholesome relationships!
Ronald & Nancy Reagan
President Ronald Reagan and First Lady Nancy Reagan had a beautiful relationship. According to The Ronald Reagan Foundation, “What the public saw was a couple intensely devoted to one another. They were always holding hands. Ronald Reagan visibly lit up when Nancy entered the room. And then there was the “gaze” – Nancy would look adoringly at her husband when he spoke, seeming to hang on his every word.” Precious! Sounds like #RelationshipGoals, right? So here is why they made our list:
1) They loved their country and were not only dedicated to their job, but dedicated to each other.
2) They were always dancing.
3) They enjoyed practicing their Second Amendment rights together (and continued to support that right, even after Reagan was shot).
4) They took the “in sickness and health” vow seriously.
5) They were the definition of “classy.” Need I say more?
6) They were travel buddies & he always had a place for her to rest.
7) They hated being separated.
8) Ronald wrote countless numbers of letters to Nancy. You can read a collection of them in the book, “I Love You, Ronnie” by Nancy Reagan.
9) The rocked Republican red together.
10) They took the part of the vow, “til death do us part” seriously.
George and Barbara Bush
President George H.W. Bush and First Lady Barbara Bush are an absolutely adorable couple. On January 6th, 2016, George and Barbara celebrated their 71st anniversary. This makes them the longest married couple in presidential history. They are still going strong at ages 90 and 91, and even more in love today than they were when they said “I do” in 1945. It’s no wonder that this couple made our list. Here are a few more reasons why:
1) They fell in love at a young age, and decided to make it work (71 years & counting).
2) They raised a beautiful and successful family.
3) They support their children together (rocking those George W. Bush tees).
4) They put other people’s needs before their own.
5) They have been each other’s biggest support system. They love each other and they love the great country of America.
6) They take time to have fun together.
7) President Bush uses his Twitter account not only for business, but also to brag about being the happiest and luckiest man on earth.
8) They look out for one another. Can’t forget the sunscreen!