While a purse is an awesome piece of arm and eye candy, it can also be a girl’s secret weapon. No, I’m not talking about a way to fend off other girls during a semi-annual sale. A purse can hold so many essential items if you pack it up just right. Here’s a little list to get you headed in the right direction…
1) Wallet with cash. You never know when you may need it in an emergency, or need it as tip money. Tipping valets, waiters, or anyone who provides a service to you goes a long way and shows others around you that you are a respectable individual.
2) Mini emergency kit. Find yourself a cute little makeup bag and toss in some bobby pins, ponytail holders, oil wipes, Tide-To-Go, Advil, a mini hairspray, Band-Aids, and a nail file. Keeping this kit in your purse at all times will help you avoid sticky situations and help you be prepared to look your best at all times. You never know who you might run into when you’re out to dinner or shopping for a new pair of shoes.
3) Resume. On that note, you never want to miss a networking opportunity if you happen to run into someone important. Keeping a resume saved in your email on your phone is the best way to be prepared when that new internship director catches you off guard while you’re window shopping. This enables you to send off your resume in a snap.
4. Pen and planner. Aside from keeping your resume at your fingertips, keeping a pen and small notebook or planner in your purse is another ingredient for success. This allows you to take notes, write down dates, and help you remember important names that you may need in the future.
5. A Snack. Depending on what you like, it is always a good idea to keep any sort of small snack in your bag. Whether you’re at a long meeting or event, on campus all day, or out and about, trust me on this – you will get hungry! Keep something quick and easy like a granola bar or bag full of almonds in there just in case you need a pick-me-up throughout the day.
Keeping these items in your bag is a sure way to be prepared for anything your day could throw at you.